Meeting Date: 8/15/2022
Alt Chair: Doug
Treasurer: Paul T.
Alt. Treasurer: Paul S.
○ 17 total Attendees
The meeting was called to order at 7:03 pm & opened with a Moment of Silence followed by the Declaration of Unity, Statement of Acceptance, and the Mission Statement were read. After Anniversary the GSR Role, Traditions and Concepts were read.
This meeting was hybrid.
Doug- Alt. Chair, GSR Stepping Out, Robyn-Secretary, GSR-FS, Paul T.- Treasurer, Chris G-DCM,
Deb R- GSR SSG, Paul S. GSR QYPBB, ALt Treasurer, Kim-GSR Milton Farm, Mandy M-Alt. Fresh Start, Fort Square GSR, Mark- GSR Walk the Talk, Jeff B-GSR Mon BB, Steve P. GSR Snug Harbor, Jimmy P. GSR Miracles on Saturday, Paul T-Everybody’s Group, Treasurer Matt Ryan, IAA, Sarah H- QMN GSR, Grapevine Committee, Dianne T- GSR Weymouth Saturday AM, Matt J. GSR Rule 62
Anniversaries since last meeting:
Paul S. 7/20- 2 years
Kim 8/5- 22 years
What’s going on with your groups?
QMN 10/3 Anniversary 7pm at Ft. Sq
Monthly Reports - presented and Motions to accept and voted
Secretary Report - Robyn: Reviewed and submitted
DCM Report -Chris G Reviewed and submitted
Aaemass.org (good resource)
Meeting List Books for Live meeting will be available by end of July price increase to $1.00
Next Assembly Meeting 09/11/22 will be live Eastham, MA (will be hybrid) 10-4, orientation @ 9
MA State convention 11/11-11/13 Sturbridge Hotel
Assembly Elections at BC High 11/06/22 will be hybrid. Looking for Tech volunteers
Area meetings have gone back to being hybrid. Low attendance at live meeting due to covid and gas costs
Changes in literature (12&12) have been made for newest publication 2022
Road Shows are available for groups to learn about service
Treasurer – Paul T. Posted on AA District 30 Site, Reviewed and accepted.
Adjusted Allocated Funds for Fall Fellowship Balance - $816 – Available Funds $1664
Registrar – looking forward to passing this on, more info soon
▪ Archives - ( 3rd Tues 7:30pm) - OPEN
▪ Accessibilities - (3rd Wed 6:30 pm) - OPEN
▪ Chair - OPEN
▪ Cooperation with the Professional Community (CPC) - (2nd Thursday 7 pm) - Kim (Milton Farm) attended meeting. Harvard Medical School (in-person training for 26 speakers [likely more than committee] to speak to incoming med and dental students) Wed, 10/5-morning event (2 sets of classes) specific criteria of what to share and what not to share
▪ Corrections - (4th Thu 7 pm) - OPEN
▪ DCM & 2 Alt DCMs - - Chris and OPEN
▪ Joint Treatment Facilities - (3rd Fri 7 pm) - OPEN
▪ Literature - (1st Mon 7 pm) - OPEN
▪ Public Information (1st Thu 7 pm) - OPEN
▪ Registrar - OPEN Keeping an ongoing list of who is there…
▪ Web Site - (1st Wed 7:00pm ) - OPEN
▪ Grapevine- (4th Sun 1pm ) – Sarah did not attend
Milton - Jay | Quincy - Chris G. | Weymouth - Ashley | Braintree, Randolph—Kim
Literature is in the hall and Chris has the key.
1. Webb State Park - Chris G Sept 17 2022 i. Fill the open task/Volunteers: See below b. Planning Group Chris G, Deb R, Kim B Needs c. Contingency Plan for Rain/Cancellation/etc: Website Post 2. Alcathon Xmas and New Years - Halls
(To add onto above: Steve P. grill-Chris will coordinate, Paul S. and Jeff B. have cornhole boards and will bring them and other yard games, Jimmy P. will bring yard games, Chris will bring tennis ball, Paul T has extra large trash bags) Set-up at 11am
Monthly Reminders - Updates
1. Group Conscience Meetings facilitator - Katherine Service Seminar Chair firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Road Shows Get in Touch with Chris G.
Milton Farm Group Zoom on Sundays only
1. Goals for 2022/23
■ AREA Assembly § Commitment
■ Building Group Participation in Area Activities
■ Brainstorming - Carrying the Message
Set Date for Nominations October (same night as alkathon)
Set Date for Alkathon Slot Drawer October
Alt Secretary - Chair, DCM's
In September, (from manual), the listings of jobs and descriptions will be posted: https://aaemass.org/area30/services/
Robyn is stepping down as secretary. Jimmy will step up for the next 3 months.
District Support of Events
ANNOUNCEMENT FROM JOINT CORRECTIONAL FACILITIES COMMITTEE:
AA GROUPS AND INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS ARE DESPERATELY NEEDED TO BRING MEETINGS INTO JAILS IN Essex and Suffolk counties. If you are interested in doing corrections service in jails or prisons, come to the Joint Correctional Facilities Committee meetings on the 4th Thursday each month at 7 pm on Zoom to learn how to get involved Zoom ID 842 8172 0059 and Passcode 446053 or join the email list by emailing the JCFC Chairperson at email@example.com
What’s on your mind:
Milton Farm Group sponsored Sober Cruise and it was a success.
Meeting ended at 8:02
From Area 30 Bulletin Items in our District
July Bulletin 2022
Central Service Committee, 12 Channel St., Suite 604, Boston MA 02210
Office: 617-426-9444 Book Orders Only: 617-426-4807 Area 30 Web Site: aaboston.org and Area 30 Contact Information
COMMITTEE MEETINGS: Check for updates >> https://aaboston.org/monthly-bulletin
Milton Farm Daily SUNDAY ONLY MEETING ON ZOOM. NO LIVE MEETING SUNDAY
GROUP ANNIVERSARIES/ Events:
June 17 Milton Rule 62-St. Pius Ch., 101 Wolcott Rd., 7:00 pm. One Year Anniversary!
SPECIAL EVENTS OF INTEREST TO A.A. MEMBERS:
SPECIAL EVENTS OF INTEREST TO AA MEMBERS:
Sept 4 MVB NECYPAA Summer Sunset @ Salisbury State Beach, Reservation Rd. 12:30-9pm
Sept 10 Plymouth Eel River -St. Peter’s Parish Ctr., 10 Memorial Dr., 9-10 am; Breakfast after mtg.
Sept 17 District 8 Fall Fellowship Cookout Webb Park, 371 River St., No. Weymouth Noon-5 pm
Oct 1 Districts 15/16/22 “Voices of AA Come Together” workshop. Church, 11 Garden St. 1-5 pm
CLICK HERE FOR BULLETINS Deadline for May Bulletin: AUGUST 17, 2022