SECRETARY


SECRETARY REPORT

Meeting Date: 8/15/2022

  • Alt Chair: Doug

  • Secretary: Robyn

  • DCM: Chris

  • Treasurer: Paul T.

  • Alt. Treasurer: Paul S.

17 total Attendees

The meeting was called to order at 7:03 pm & opened with a Moment of Silence followed by the Declaration of Unity, Statement of Acceptance, and the Mission Statement were read. After Anniversary the GSR Role, Traditions and Concepts were read.

This meeting was hybrid.

Introductions

Doug- Alt. Chair, GSR Stepping Out, Robyn-Secretary, GSR-FS, Paul T.- Treasurer, Chris G-DCM,

Deb R- GSR SSG, Paul S. GSR QYPBB, ALt Treasurer, Kim-GSR Milton Farm, Mandy M-Alt. Fresh Start, Fort Square GSR, Mark- GSR Walk the Talk, Jeff B-GSR Mon BB, Steve P. GSR Snug Harbor, Jimmy P. GSR Miracles on Saturday, Paul T-Everybody’s Group, Treasurer Matt Ryan, IAA, Sarah H- QMN GSR, Grapevine Committee, Dianne T- GSR Weymouth Saturday AM, Matt J. GSR Rule 62

Anniversaries since last meeting:

Paul S. 7/20- 2 years

Kim 8/5- 22 years

GSR Reports

What’s going on with your groups?

QMN 10/3 Anniversary 7pm at Ft. Sq

Monthly Reports - presented and Motions to accept and voted

Secretary Report - Robyn: Reviewed and submitted

DCM Report -Chris G Reviewed and submitted

Aaemass.org (good resource)

Meeting List Books for Live meeting will be available by end of July price increase to $1.00

Next Assembly Meeting 09/11/22 will be live Eastham, MA (will be hybrid) 10-4, orientation @ 9

MA State convention 11/11-11/13 Sturbridge Hotel

Assembly Elections at BC High 11/06/22 will be hybrid. Looking for Tech volunteers

Area meetings have gone back to being hybrid. Low attendance at live meeting due to covid and gas costs

Changes in literature (12&12) have been made for newest publication 2022

Road Shows are available for groups to learn about service

Treasurer – Paul T. Posted on AA District 30 Site, Reviewed and accepted.

Adjusted Allocated Funds for Fall Fellowship Balance - $816 – Available Funds $1664

Registrar – looking forward to passing this on, more info soon

Committee Reports

Archives - ( 3rd Tues 7:30pm) - OPEN

Accessibilities - (3rd Wed 6:30 pm) - OPEN

Chair - OPEN

Cooperation with the Professional Community (CPC) - (2nd Thursday 7 pm) - Kim (Milton Farm) attended meeting. Harvard Medical School (in-person training for 26 speakers [likely more than committee] to speak to incoming med and dental students) Wed, 10/5-morning event (2 sets of classes) specific criteria of what to share and what not to share

Corrections - (4th Thu 7 pm) - OPEN

DCM & 2 Alt DCMs - - Chris and OPEN

Joint Treatment Facilities - (3rd Fri 7 pm) - OPEN

Literature - (1st Mon 7 pm) - OPEN

Public Information (1st Thu 7 pm) - OPEN

▪ Registrar - OPEN Keeping an ongoing list of who is there…

▪ Web Site - (1st Wed 7:00pm ) - OPEN

▪ Grapevine- (4th Sun 1pm ) – Sarah did not attend

Community Outreach

Milton - Jay | Quincy - Chris G. | Weymouth - Ashley | Braintree, Randolph—Kim

Literature is in the hall and Chris has the key.

OLD Business

1. Webb State Park - Chris G Sept 17 2022

a. Checklist Update

i. Fill the open task/Volunteers: See below

ii. Any Loose ends

b. Planning Group Chris G, Deb R, Kim B Needs

c. Contingency Plan for Rain/Cancellation/etc: Website Post

2. Alcathon Xmas and New Years - Halls

(To add onto above: Steve P. grill-Chris will coordinate, Paul S. and Jeff B. have cornhole boards and will bring them and other yard games, Jimmy P. will bring yard games, Chris will bring tennis ball, Paul T has extra large trash bags) Set-up at 11am

Monthly Reminders - Updates

1. Group Conscience Meetings facilitator - Katherine Service Seminar Chair serviceseminar@aaemass.org

2. Road Shows Get in Touch with Chris G.

  1. Milton Farm Group Zoom on Sundays only

Tabled Business

1. Goals for 2022/23

■ AREA Assembly § Commitment

■ Building Group Participation in Area Activities

■ Brainstorming - Carrying the Message

NEW Business:

  1. Set Date for Nominations October (same night as alkathon)

  2. Set Date for Alkathon Slot Drawer October

  3. Alt Secretary - Chair, DCM's

In September, (from manual), the listings of jobs and descriptions will be posted: https://aaemass.org/area30/services/

Robyn is stepping down as secretary. Jimmy will step up for the next 3 months.

  1. District Support of Events

ANNOUNCEMENT FROM JOINT CORRECTIONAL FACILITIES COMMITTEE:

AA GROUPS AND INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS ARE DESPERATELY NEEDED TO BRING MEETINGS INTO JAILS IN Essex and Suffolk counties. If you are interested in doing corrections service in jails or prisons, come to the Joint Correctional Facilities Committee meetings on the 4th Thursday each month at 7 pm on Zoom to learn how to get involved Zoom ID 842 8172 0059 and Passcode 446053 or join the email list by emailing the JCFC Chairperson at kerrimaclaury@gmail.com

What’s on your mind:

Milton Farm Group sponsored Sober Cruise and it was a success.

Meeting ended at 8:02

From Area 30 Bulletin Items in our District

July Bulletin 2022

Central Service Committee, 12 Channel St., Suite 604, Boston MA 02210

Office: 617-426-9444 Book Orders Only: 617-426-4807 Area 30 Web Site: aaboston.org and Area 30 Contact Information

COMMITTEE MEETINGS: Check for updates >> https://aaboston.org/monthly-bulletin

NOTICES:

Milton Farm Daily SUNDAY ONLY MEETING ON ZOOM. NO LIVE MEETING SUNDAY

GROUP ANNIVERSARIES/ Events:

June 17 Milton Rule 62-St. Pius Ch., 101 Wolcott Rd., 7:00 pm. One Year Anniversary!

SPECIAL EVENTS OF INTEREST TO A.A. MEMBERS:

SPECIAL EVENTS OF INTEREST TO AA MEMBERS:

Sept 4 MVB NECYPAA Summer Sunset @ Salisbury State Beach, Reservation Rd. 12:30-9pm

Sept 10 Plymouth Eel River -St. Peter’s Parish Ctr., 10 Memorial Dr., 9-10 am; Breakfast after mtg.

Sept 17 District 8 Fall Fellowship Cookout Webb Park, 371 River St., No. Weymouth Noon-5 pm

Oct 1 Districts 15/16/22 “Voices of AA Come Together” workshop. Church, 11 Garden St. 1-5 pm

CLICK HERE FOR BULLETINS Deadline for May Bulletin: AUGUST 17, 2022


Meeting Date: 7/18/2022

Alt Chair: Doug

Secretary: Paul T temporary

○ DCM: Chris

14 total Attendees

The meeting was called to order at 7:12 pm & opened with a Moment of Silence followed by the Declaration of Unity, Statement of Acceptance, and the Mission Statement were read. After Anniversary the GSR Role, Traditions and Concepts were read.

This meeting was hybrid.

Introductions

Doug- Alt. Chair, GSR Stepping Out,, GSR FS, Chris G-DCM, Deb R-GSR SSG, Paul T.- Treasurer, Kim-GSR Milton Farm, Mandy M-Alt. Fresh Start, Fort Square, Steve P-GSR Snug Harbor, Jay- GSR East Milton Group, Jeff B-GSR Mon BB, Steve M- IAA, Jimmy P. GSR Saturday Miracles, Steve M, IAA, Sarah H- QMN GSR, Grapevine Committee, Catrina GSR Highlanders

Anniversaries since last meeting: NONE

GSR Reports Nothing to report

What’s going on with your groups?

Welcome New GSR - Saturday Miracles elected GSR Jimmy P.

Monthly Reports - presented and Motions to accept and voted

Secretary Report – Robyn presented by Doug: Reviewed and submitted

DCM Report -Chris G

Presented notes from the meeting

Meeting List Books for Live meeting will be available by end of July price increase to $1.00

Next Assembly Meeting 09/11/22 will be live Eastham, MA

Assembly Elections at BC High 11/06/22 will be hybrid. Looking for Tech volunteers

Area meeting have gone back to being hybrid. Low attendance at live meeting due to covid and gas costs

Treasurer – Paul T. Posted on AA District 30 Site, Reviewed and accepted.

Allocated Funds for Fall Fellowship Balance - $930 – Available Funds $1436

Registrar – looking forward to passing this on, more info soon

Committee Reports

Archives - ( 3rd Tues 7:30pm) - OPEN

Accessibilities - (3rd Wed 6:30 pm) - OPEN

Chair - OPEN

Cooperation with the Professional Community (CPC) - (2nd Thursday 7 pm) - Kim (Milton Farm) attended meeting. BU, Harvard and Tufts Nursing School will rebook for the coming year.

Corrections - (4th Thu 7 pm) - OPEN

DCM & 2 Alt DCMs - - Chris and OPEN

Joint Treatment Facilities - (3rd Fri 7 pm) - OPEN

Literature - (1st Mon 7 pm) - OPEN

Public Information (1st Thu 7 pm) - OPEN

▪ Registrar - OPEN Keeping an ongoing list of who is there…

▪ Web Site - (1st Wed 7:00pm ) - OPEN

▪ Grapevine- (4th Sun 1pm ) – Sarah did not attend

Community Outreach

Milton - Jay | Quincy - Chris G. | Weymouth - Ashley | Braintree, Randolph—Kim

Literature is at the hall and Chris has the key.

OLD Business Webb State Park - Chris G 9/17/22 12:00-5:00

Planning Group: Chris G, Deb R, Kim B and...

Chris presented

Chris Cook out check list presented, several volunteers, still need some volunteers, email to be sent out

Deb R-presented the flyer which she had some assistance from Ashley H. – This to be posted and sent out in an email.

Budget $1,000

Tracking on Treasurer’s report of which $930 remains

2. Alcathon Xmas and New Years - Halls - Deb R. SSG

Deb R reported the United Methodist Church on Beal Street Quincy (same as last year) has agreed to let us use the Hall.

Monthly Reminders - Updates

1. Group Conscience Meetings facilitator - Katherine Service Seminar Chair serviceseminar@aaemass.org

2. Road Shows Get in Touch with Chris G.

Tabled Business

1. Goals for 2022/23

■ AREA Assembly § Commitment

■ Building Group Participation in Area Activities

■ Brainstorming - Carrying the Message

NEW Business:

District Support of Events

ANNOUNCEMENT FROM JOINT CORRECTIONAL FACILITIES COMMITTEE:

AA GROUPS AND INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS ARE DESPERATELY NEEDED TO BRING MEETINGS INTO JAILS IN Essex and Suffolk counties. If you are interested in doing corrections service in jails or prisons, come to the Joint Correctional Facilities Committee meetings on the 4th Thursday each month at 7 pm on Zoom to learn how to get involved Zoom ID 842 8172 0059 and Passcode 446053 or join the email list by emailing the JCFC Chairperson at kerrimaclaury@gmail.com

What’s on your mind:

Meeting ended at 8:30 and the Hybrid meeting was a success


Meeting Date: June 20, 2022

  • Alt Chair: Doug

  • Secretary: Robyn

  • Treasurer Paul T.- Alt Paul S.

  • DCM: Chris

  • 17 total Attendees

The meeting was called to order at 7:02 pm & opened with a Moment of Silence followed by the Declaration of Unity, Statement of Acceptance, and the Mission Statement were read. After Anniversary the GSR Role, Traditions and Concepts were read.

This meeting was online only.

Introductions

Doug- Alt. Chair, GSR Stepping Out, Robyn- District 8 Sec, GSR FS, Chris G-DCM, Deb R- GSR SSG, Paul T.- Treasurer, Paul S. GSR QYP, ALt Treasurer, Kim-GSR Milton Farm, Mandy M-Alt. Fresh Start, Fort Square, Mark- GSR Walk the Talk, Steve P-GSR Snug Harbor, Jay- GSR East Milton Group, Jeff B-GSR Mon BB, Kerensa- GSR On Awakening, Steve P. GSR Snug Harbor, Steve M- IAA, Jamie Hogan, GSR Quincy Recovery, Paul S-Quincy Young People, Matt Ryan, IAA, Sarah H- QMN GSR, Grapevine Committee

Anniversaries since last meeting:

none

GSR Reports

What’s going on with your groups?


Paul T: no GSR for Everybody’s Group; no longer hybrid; now live only (has been changed with Central Service but not with District 8 website


Paul S: QYP BB- Group Conscience-interested in service roadshow and having business moderator come to group (Chris will follow up)


Kim: Milton Farm: Liz Bailey died Memorial Day weekend and she was the last connection that was had to Bill W.


Steve: Snug Harbor time change Sunday 8:00-9:00pm to 7:30-8:30 effective 6/1/22


Entertainment for 5/21 where the Milton Farm group meets (158 Milton Pkwy meeting at 6 dinner at 7 with DJ—FREE (flier will be posted on website)


Doug-St. C’s both in person and on Zoom Tuesdays, Wednesdays live only, and Friday both live and on Zoom

Pearse: Request support for AA meetings at New Way Peer Recovery Ctr., 85 Quincy Ave, Quincy In person

Tues 7:00pm Living Sober, Wed 12:00pm It’s in the Book, Wed 6:00pm Men’s discussion Wed 7:00 pm A New Way Fri 7:00 pm Big Book

Monthly Reports - presented and Motions to accept and voted Secretary Report - Robyn: Reviewed and submitted

DCM Report -returning in person this month *this coming Wed

Jerry stepped down from service

52.000 operating balance, so more will likely be allocated to Area meetings, etc

Treasurer – Thank you to Paul for the incredible amount of work he has done! Paul reported. From April-June: balance with debits (rent) and contributions: 2170.11 (prudent reserve of $500) Reviewed and accepted.


Registrar – In progress review updating position

Committee Reports

Archives - ( 3rd Tues 7:30pm) - OPEN

Accessibilities - (3rd Wed 6:30 pm) - OPEN

Chair - OPEN

Cooperation with the Professional Community (CPC) - (2nd Thursday 7 pm) - Kim (Milton Farm) did not attend last meeting

Corrections - (4th Thu 7 pm) - OPEN

DCM & 2 Alt DCMs - - Chris and OPEN

Joint Treatment Facilities - (3rd Fri 7 pm) - OPEN (Annie G. will check it out-Thanks Annie!) Annie not present; Ray is sharing to see if groups were willing to be a liaison as to be a part of bringing messages into facilities (Treatment@AAWorcester.org is my email. Ray Marsh or email Mike at treatment@aaemass.org)

Literature - (1st Mon 7 pm) - OPEN

Public Information (1st Thu 7 pm) - OPEN

▪ Registrar - OPEN Keeping an ongoing list of who is there…Area contact is a mess, Robyn for District 8)

▪ Web Site - (1st Wed 7:00pm ) - OPEN

▪ Grapevine- (4th Sun 1pm ) - Sarah: nothing to report; did not luck out and doesn’t love it

Virtual seed packet and offers for Grapevine with Lifeline Flier; if you want to receive a seed packet from the grapevine, you can send an email with your info to grapevine@aaemass.org



Community Outreach

Milton - Jay | Quincy - Chris G. | Weymouth - Ashley | Braintree, Randolph—Kim

Literature is at the hall and Chris has the key.


OLD Business

  1. Webb State Park - Chris G

    • Planning Group - Chris to give us a checklist before meeting

    • Budget $1000 Allocated

  2. Getting the Word Out to get more groups to Participate - Report on Calls, emails etc. - Robin G.

  3. Alcathon Xmas and New Years - Halls - Les N.???


NEW Business:

  1. Webb State Park: Chris locked down the date 9/17/22. We rented a pavilion. Motion made to pick the 18th pending the Farm Group’s anniversary. Otherwise move to next week. Budget amount $1,000. Please reach out to groups to get help beyond the district. Having the grill idea sorted out by July would be helpful. Set up, facilitating, breakdown, cooking, running the AA meeting, raffle tickets, grilling equipment…Deb R. is willing to help and commit to day. A flier was made by Ashley and Deb will recreate the flier. Fall Fellowship Cookout. Kim is also volunteering to be available that day.


  1. We have a list going of current GSRs, alt GSRs, and Bookies’ phone numbers/contact info. It’s to be used to disseminate info to groups in that fashion. (all blind copied). Share it with all District 8 GSRs. Group emails are helpful. We certainly don’t want to release info that people aren’t comfortable with.


  1. Alcathons 22-23 location must be decided by June’s meeting. Deb R will look into Beale Street and see if the donation of 500/day is acceptable.


  1. Les looked into availability of Weymouth School system for future. Abigail Adams definitely out; going under renovations. Maybe Chapman School or the HS or Quincy High School a good alternate. Let’s TABLE THIS FOR NOW!!! Les was not here.


Monthly Reminders - Updates

  1. Group Conscience Meetings facilitator - Katherine Service Seminar Chair serviceseminar@aaemass.org

  2. Road Show's Get in Touch With Chris G.


Tabled Discussion Items:

  1. Summer Meetings

-Educational needs

-Traditions and concept meetings

-delegate, grapevine, other committees

  1. Return to hall/hybrid- vote was for hybrid



What’s on your mind:


Meeting ended at 8:28 pm.

Meeting Date: May 16, 2022

  • Alt Chair: Doug

  • Alt. Secretary : Robyn

  • Alt. Treasurer Paul S.

  • DCM: Chris

  • 19 total Attendees

The meeting was called to order at 7:04 pm & opened with a Moment of Silence, followed by the Declaration of Unity, Statement of Acceptance, and the Mission Statement were read. After introductions, acknowledgement of our fellow, Dan Ducheneau, with a Moment of Silence and Prayer. This was followed by the GSR Role, Traditions and Concepts were read.

This meeting was online only.

Introductions

Doug- Alt. Chair, Robyn-alt Sec, Chris G-DCM, Les, interested AA-SSG, Paul T., Kim-Milton Farm, Mandy M-Alt. Fresh Start/GSR Fort Square, Jamie-GSR Quincy Recovery,, Mark-Walk the Talk, Steve P-Snug Harbor, Jay- East Milton Group, Jeff B. -GSR Mon BB, Pearse Quincy Men’s Group GSR, Kerensa-GSR On Awakening online online, Matt J-GSR Rule 62, Jeff B GSR Mon BB, Dist 6, Trish GSR Women’s Acceptance, Steve M. IAA (visiting from another district), Les IAA-South Shore Group, Paul S-Quincy Young People/Alt Treasurer, Sarah H- QMN GSR, Ray, MSCYPAA

Anniversaries since last meeting:

Trish 9 years 5/10

GSR Reports

What’s going on with your groups?


  • Steve: Snug Harbor time change Sunday 8:00-9:00pm to 7:30-8:30 effective 6/1/22

  • Entertainment for 5/21 where the Milton Farm group meets (158 Milton Pkwy meeting at 6 dinner at 7 with DJ—FREE (flier will be posted on website)

  • Pearse: expressed appreciation for help that has been received since request was asked for AA meetings at New Way Peer Recovery Ctr., 85 Quincy Ave.

  • Looking into Wollaston Congregation Meeting at Sunday Two


Monthly Reports - presented and Motions to accept and voted

Secretary Report - Robyn: Reviewed and submitted

DCM Report -Post-Conference Assembly 05/15/22 :

  • Did not attend Area 30 Workshop

  • Raymond hosted and shared out:

5th edition not for 2-3 more years

Looking for stories though

But more like 2024

  • Round-Up this coming Saturday Dist 22/23

  • Massachusetts State Convention of Young People in AA - MSCYPAA.COM. October 21-23 planning committee meet at West Bridgewater hybrid:

The Massachusetts State Convention of Young People in AA (MSCYPAA) will have their 2022 conference - October 21-23 at the Plymouth Hotel 1620. Visit https://mscypaa.com/ to register for $15 and reserve your discounted room using the code: MSCYPAA2022

  • Roadshow (get in touch with Chris)....

  • 9/11 next Area Assembly ion the Cape(will be hybrid)

Treasurer – Doug reported, with Les. Reviewed and accepted. May need to figure out numbers and dig in to see definitive report current balance: $1398.86

Registrar – In progress review updating position

Committee Reports

Archives - ( 3rd Tues 7:30pm) - OPEN

Accessibilities - (3rd Wed 6:30 pm) - OPEN

Chair - OPEN

Cooperation with the Professional Community (CPC) - (2nd Thursday 7 pm) - Kim (Milton Farm) not present

Corrections - (4th Thu 7 pm) - OPEN

DCM & 2 Alt DCMs - - Chris and OPEN

Joint Treatment Facilities - (3rd Fri 7 pm) - OPEN (Annie G. will check it out-Thanks Annie!) Annie not present; Ray is sharing to see if groups were willing to be a liaison as to be a part of bringing messages into facilities (Treatment@AAWorcester.org is my email. Ray Marsh or email Mike at treatment@aaemass.org)

Literature - (1st Mon 7 pm) - OPEN

Public Information (1st Thu 7 pm) - OPEN

▪ Registrar - OPEN Keeping an ongoing list of who is there…Area contact is a mess, Robyn for District 8)

▪ Web Site - (1st Wed 7:00pm ) - OPEN

▪ Grapevine- (4th Sun 1pm ) - Sarah:

Virtual seed packet and offers for Grapevine with Lifeline Flier; if you want to receive a seed packet from the grapevine, you can send an email with your info to grapevine@aaemass.org


Community Outreach

Milton - Jay | Quincy - Chris G. | Randolph - | Weymouth - Ashley | Braintree, Randolph—Kim


OLD Business:

From Area 30 Bulletin Items in our District

Rediscussed: District 8 committee is available for group roadshow commitments. GSRs please inform your groups of our availability and desire to do outreach—is still on the table

CLICK HERE FOR BULLETINS


  1. Reaching out to GSRs and Groups


  • Spirit of Rotation: Elections in October, train, and then on own in January. 2 year positions.

    • Somebody could be chair, train with Doug, and then have the two year position

    • This district has enough people for 3 DCMs

    • We have never had this little amount of committee chairs as we have now.

    • Representing the district can just be a trial. It can be any AAer.

    • Grassroots Campaign: If on a commitment, and you notice that a GSR from that group isn’t in attendance, please go to the Secretary, and ask for time at a business meeting



NEW Business:


  1. Webb State Park: Chris will look into it and select date according to availability-lastest available dates is 9/18 or go for 9/25. We rented pavilion. Motion made to pick the 18th pending the Farm Group’s anniversary. Otherwise move to next week.


  1. We have to get a new treasurer who will take on the role. Paul T is new treasurer and no longer treasurer and not secretary. Les was working with the clerk at the bank. PO Box is squared away.


  1. Robyn is the new Secretary. We need an alt secretary.


  1. Alcathons 22-23 location must be decided by June’s meeting



Tabled Discussion Items:

Les looked into availability of Weymouth School system for future. Abigail Adams definitely out; going under renovations. Maybe Chapman School or the HS or Quincy High School a good alternate. Let’s TABLE THIS FOR NOW!!!

Alcathons 22-23 What about Beale Street? Maybe dependent on mask policy, etc. Les will follow up.

If any has any research or potential halls (we need to decide by June), please come back and give feedback.



What’s on your mind?

How can we help newcomers?

Building group participation; carrying the message…

Tradition 6…support groups




Meeting ended at 8:30 pm.


New Groups/GSRs: Send along….Names/Groups/phone numbers (even in chat on District meeting)

Meeting Date: April 18, 2022

Chair: Doug (stepped up fromAlt)

Secretary (Alt): Robyn

DCM: Chris

15 total Attendees

The meeting was called to order at 7:04 pm & opened with a Moment of Silence followed by the Declaration of Unity, Statement of Acceptance, and the Mission Statement were read. After Anniversary the GSR Role, Traditions and Concepts were read.

This meeting was online only.

Introductions

Doug- Alt. Chair, Robyn-alt Sec, Chris G-DCM, Kim-Milton Farm, Mandy M-Alt. Fresh Start, Mark-Walk the Talk, Steve P-Snug Harbor, Jay- East Milton Group, Jeff-GSR Mon BB, Guest-Pearse representing meetings at Recovery Ctr Quincy , Steve M. IAA (visiting from another district), Les IAA-South Shore Group, Paul S-Quincy Young People, Sarah H- QMN GSR, Annie IAA

Anniversaries since last meeting:

Robyn-11 years 3/17

Mark-27 years 3/25

GSR Reports

What’s going on with your groups?

Steve: Snug Harbor time change Sunday 8:00-9:00pm to 7:30-8:30 effective 6/1/22

Kim: Milton Farm Hybrid effective 05/01/22 (hybrid)

Entertainment for 5/21 where the Milton Farm group meets (158 Milton Pkwy meeting at 6 dinner at 7 with DJ—FREE (flier will be posted on website)

Doug-St. C’s both in person and on Zoom Tuesdays, Wednesdays live only, and Friday both live and on Zoom

Pearse: Request support for AA meetings at New Way Peer Recovery Ctr., 85 Quincy Ave, Quincy In person

Tues 7:00pm Living Sober, Wed 12:00pm It’s in the Book, Wed 6:00pm Men’s discussion Wed 7:00 pm A New Way Fri 7:00 pm Big Book

Monthly Reports - presented and Motions to accept and voted Secretary Report - Robyn: Reviewed and submitted

DCM Report -Pre-Conference Assembly 04/10/22 :

● Lots of items about literature: item to review draft language of safety in Living Sober, Service Sponsorship (within pamphlet of Questions and Answers on Sponsorship), proposal for GSR preamble (not received well), equitable distribution of workload (some disproportionate workloads in committees–let’s make them more equitable), translation of Big Book into plain and simple language (existing side-by-side) (THERE ARE EXAMPLES.), reviewing 5th edition of Big Book (ex. Changing Dr’s Opinion to page 1 because “many” don't read the pages before page 1.)

● October 31 deadline for people to submit stories to AA (for back of book) to represent current fellowship

● Brought up the availability of a monitor for Group Conscience Meetings for groups that want to take advantage of. (Katherine-Service Seminar Chair)

● Roadshow (get in touch with Chris)....

● May 15 next Post-Conference Assembly in Shrewsbury (will be hybrid)

Treasurer – Dan: unavailable, but Doug reported. Reviewed and accepted.

Registrar – In progress review updating position

Committee Reports

Archives - ( 3rd Tues 7:30pm) - OPEN

Accessibilities - (3rd Wed 6:30 pm) - OPEN

Chair - OPEN

Cooperation with the Professional Community (CPC) - (2nd Thursday 7 pm) - Kim (Milton Farm) Thank you, Kim, for your service!

Corrections - (4th Thu 7 pm) - OPEN

DCM & Alt DCM - - Chris and OPEN

Joint Treatment Facilities - (3rd Fri 7 pm) - OPEN (Annie G. will check it ou-Thanks Annie!)

Literature - (1 st Mon 7 pm) - OPEN

Public Information (1st Thu 7 pm) - OPEN

▪ Registrar - OPEN

▪ Web Site - (1st Wed 7:00pm ) - OPEN

▪ Grapevine- (4th Sun 1pm ) - Sarah

Community Outreach

Milton - Jay | Quincy - Chris G. | Randolph - | Weymouth - Ashley

OPEN - Braintree, Randolph—Kim accepted Braintree and Randolph-Thank you Kim for your service!

OLD Business:

From Area 30 Bulletin Items in our District

Rediscussed: District 8 committee is available for group roadshow commitments. GSRs please inform your groups of our availability and desire to do outreach—is still on the table

CLICK HERE FOR BULLETINS

Motion passed: We will meet on zoom ONLY in April and moving forward. Anyone needing any access to our supply closet would arrange for entry with Chris G. and that can only happen without issue during our pre approved security window..

Motion passed: To put off hosting post-conference or later Area 30 assembly. Review for future conferences.

Les looked into availability of Weymouth School system for future. Abigail Adams going under renovations. Maybe Quincy High School a good alternate.

NEW Business:

1.Reaching out to GSRs and Groups

Spirit of Rotation: Elections in October, train, and then on own in January. 2 year positions.

○ Somebody could be chair, train with Doug, and then have the two year position

○ This district has enough people for 3 DCMs

○ We have never had this little amount of committee chairs as we have now.

○ Representing the district can just be a trial. It can be any AAer.

○ Kim B. is going to trial chair with CPC and will pick up Braintree and Randolph–Thank you for your service, Kim!!!

○ Grassroots Campaign: If on a commitment, and you notice that a GSR from that group isn’t in attendance, please go to the Secretary, and ask for time at a business meeting

● Pearse (Wed, 7pm) looking for chair people

2. Webb State Park: Chris will look into it and select date according to availability

3. Motion Passed to have Xmas and New Years Alkathon 2022/23

Tabled Discussion Items:

What’s on your mind:

Meeting ended at 8:30 pm.


Update Meeting Date: 3/21/2022

§ Chair: Ashley

§ Secretary: Paul T

§ 13 Attendees

The meeting was called to order at 7:00 pm & opened with a Moment of Silence followed by the Declaration of Unity, Statement of Acceptance, and the Mission Statement were read. After Anniversary the GSR Role, Traditions and Concepts were read.

This meeting was online only.

Introductions

Ashley-Chair, Les-Sec, Paul-Sec, Chris G-DCM, Dan-Trea, Matt-Rule 62, Kim-Milton Farm, Trish M-Women’s Acceptance, Mandy M-Fresh Start, Mark-Walk the Talk, Deb-South Shore, Steve P-Snug Harbor (new), Guest-Wayne D representing meetings at Recovery Ctr Quincy

Anniversaries since last meeting:

none

GSR Reports

What’s going on with your groups?

Mandy: Fresh Start Beginner’s meeting on Thursdays at 7:30pm gaining traction

Steve: Snug Harbor time change Sunday 8:00-9:00pm to 7:30-8:30 effective 06/01/22

Kim: Milton Farm Hybrid effective 05/01/22 (in person and zoom)

Wayne D: Request support for AA meetings at New Way Peer Recovery Ctr., 85 Quincy Ave, Quincy

In person

Tues 7:00pm Living Sober, Wed 12:00pm It’s in the Book, Wed 6:00pm Men’s discussion

Wed 7:00 pm A New Way Fri 7:00pm Big Book

Monthly Reports - presented and Motions to accept and voted

Secretary Report - Les N: Reviewed and submitted

DCM Report -Pre-Conference Assembly 04/10/22 Sun 9:00am-4:00pm Peabody High School click on address click area chair click on fold for flyer https://aaemass.org/area30/

Brought up the availability of a monitor for Group Consciousness Meetings for groups that want to take advantage of.

Treasurer – Dan: Report reviewed and submitted.

Registrar – In progress review updating position



Community Outreach

Milton - Jay | Quincy - Chris G. | Randolph - | Weymouth - Ashley

OPEN - Braintree, Randolph

OLD Business:

From Area 30 Bulletin Items in our District

District 8 committee is available for group roadshow commitments. GSRs please inform your groups of our availability and desire to do outreach

CLICK HERE FOR BULLETINS

New Business:

Motion passed: We will meet on zoom ONLY in April and moving forward. Anyone needing any access to our supply closet would arrange for entry with Chris G. and that can only happen without issue during our pre approved security window..

Motion passed: To put off hosting post-conference or later Area 30 assembly. Review for future conferences.

Les will look into availability of Weymouth School system for future.

Ashly stepped down as Chair. Doug as alternate will assume responsibilities. We thank Ashly for her dedicated service.

Tabled Discussion Items:

What’s on your mind:

Start think about planning upcoming summer/fall District 8 event 2022 Webb State Park

Meeting end at 8:30 pm.

From Area 30 Bulletin Items in our District

CLICK HERE FOR BULLETINS

Meeting ended @ and I am responsible was read.