DISTRICT 8 MEETING
DECEMBER 19, 2022
Meeting Date: 12/19/2022
Location: Quincy Point Cong. Church, 444 Washington St., Quincy
○ Alt Chair: Doug H.
○ Secretary: Jimmy P.
○ Alt. Secretary: Jeff B.
○ DCM: Chris G.
○ Treasurer: Paul T.
○ Alt. Treasurer: Paul S.
○ 20 Total Attendees
The meeting was called to order at 7:03 pm & opened with a Moment of Silence followed by the Declaration of Unity, Statement of Acceptance, and the Mission Statement were read. After Anniversary the GSR Role, Traditions and Concepts were read. Meeting was hybrid.
Attendees (In Person)
Jimmy P Miracles On Sat.
Paul S QYP
Paul T Everybody’s Group
Doug H Steppin Out
Chris G Fresh Start
Tim Int. AA?
Mike Quincy Mens’ Wed.
Mark H. WTT
Omar QYP (non-GSR
Steve P Snug
Jamie H Q. Rec.
Matt J Rule 62
Dianne T Wey. Sat. AM
Deb R SS Group
Mandy M Fort Sq.
Rick A Everybody’s
Kim Farm Grp.
Catrina Milton Highlanders
Anniversaries since last meeting: Chris G. Dec. 15= 6 years
GSR Reports What’s going on with your groups? N/A
Monthly Reports - presented, Motions to accept, and voted
Secretary Report - Jim P - report given, motioned and seconded, accepted 7:15
● Reporting that elections were held, results contained in prior months Secretary Notes
● Alt Chair, DCM (x3) remain OPEN
● Additional shuffling for Alcathon slots, published to District website
● All slots filled
● Paul S, Paul T leads for Xmas/NY sessions, respectively
DCM Report - Chris G - report given, motioned and seconded, accepted 7:17
● NERAASA (New England + Northeast US) February 25-26, Albany NY
● Flyer and pre-registration information available
● Stipends (lodging, fuel) may be available, contact Chris G
Treasurer - Paul T - report given, motioned and seconded, accepted 7:19
● Beginning balance: 3118.35
● Collections: 175.86
● Rent: 30
● PO box rental (annual): 202
● Alcathon allocation: 1500 (hall, supplies)
● Prudent Reserve: 500
● Ending balance: 1062.21
▪ Grapevine- (4th Sun 7pm )
▪ Cooperation w Professional Community (CPC) - (2nd Thursday 7 pm)
Kim (Milton Farm)
● Continue to do outreach, trainings
● Northeastern Univ and others
▪ Archives - ( 3rd Tues 7:30pm) - OPEN
▪ Accessibilities - (3rd Wed 6:30 pm) - OPEN
▪ Chair - OPEN
▪ Corrections - (4th Thu 7 pm) - OPEN
▪ DCM & 2 Alt DCMs - - Chris and OPEN
▪ Joint Treatment Facilities - (3rd Fri 7 pm) - OPEN
▪ Literature - (1st Mon 7 pm) - OPEN
▪ Public Information (1st Thu 7 pm) - OPEN
▪ Registrar - OPEN Keeping an ongoing list of who is there…
▪ Web Site - (1st Wed 7:00pm ) - OPEN
Community Outreach N/A
○ DCM (3)
○ Alt Chair
○ Committees Positions Volunteer(s)
● Volunteer List - update
● Open slots: 12/25 @ 5pm, 12/31 @ 6pm - Chairs, speakers needed?
○ Dianne T to Chair Xmas slot
○ Doug to Chair NY slot
○ Group will provide cleaning supplies for both events
● Slot Chair + 2 speakers required for hour prior to scheduled slot (confirmed for audience)
Monthly Reminders - Updates
1. Group Conscience Meetings facilitator - Katherine Service Seminar Chair email@example.com
2. Road Show's Get in Touch With Chris G.
1. Goals for 2022/23
■ AREA Assembly § Commitment
■ Building Group Participation in Area Activities
■ Brainstorming - Carrying the Message
● GSR Packets (available on district website for download)
● Continue with hybrid meetings in 2023
○ AV equipment procurement ($272.25 +tax)
■ USB ext. cable
■ HDMI cable - 20ft
■ Zoom Annual Fee ($144)
● Expires EOM December
○ Web fees: ~ $25.50/mo
○ Zoom: Motioned, seconded, accepted 7:48
○ Purchase AV equipment: motioned, seconded, dissented (Paul S), none swayed, accepted 7:50
What’s on your mind:
● Paul S - thanking Doug for the Alt. Chair service over the past months!
● Chris G - help grow the district; talk about the district in your meetings; outreach/emphasis; talk to group secretaries; group donations to district
● Kim - Television commercial on ABC? Being investigated by AA as non-sponsored activity
● Doug - facilitate purchasing Big Books for home group
Committee positions reminder - spread the word
● Doug considering registrar position
● Non-elected positions
Deb R to give Chris G hall code for Xmas Alcathon
Q: Is Quincy PD aware of Alcathon?
A: Historically, no. Chris G will contact QPD in week leading up to events (non-motioned)
Q: How is donations box managed?
A: Kept in kitchen
Central Service Phone volunteer (Xmas): 1 year sobriety needed, time volunteered in-person at Central Services Boston
Special Event: Jan 7 Serenity Breakfast at Bay Point, $20 (in Bulletin)
No additional Bulletin adds
Motion to adjourn, seconded, accepted
*** Meeting ended at 8:11 ***